Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
A qualified Account Executive brings B2B field sales and direct territory management experience and has successfully sold and managed both SMB and Enterprise size accounts and deals. This individual is solution oriented, has personal drive & enthusiasm, solid work ethic, integrity, customer focus and the ability to build strong relationships quickly, and is team oriented. You are a natural pace-setter and your agility, intelligence, resourcefulness and focus on results, are the keys to your success. You will be responsible for evangelizing Zūm solutions to schools and districts, actively managing the entire sales cycle including prospecting & qualifying, developing new relationships with business/C level decision makers, delivering in-person presentations, negotiating contracts, closing business, and driving market share. Account Executives will have proven “hunting” skills and will be responsible for developing and closing net new business and expanding business in existing Zūm accounts, meeting assigned quotas and goals, and managing their territories.
What you will be doing at Zum:
- Achieve assigned quarterly and annual quota targets and goals
- Actively prospect, uncover, qualify, develop, manage, and grow assigned territory to identify, cultivate, and close net new customers for ZUM solutions, as well as, cross-sell and up-sell services to existing ZUM customers
- Evangelize and sell the ZUM vision to prospects at C level through coordinated efforts, in-person presentations/meetings, events, relationship development and networking, and target-specific initiatives with field marketing
- Develop and execute on territory & account plans to deliver maximum revenue potential
- Manage all sales activities, opportunity pipeline updates, and deliver accurate forecasts in SFDC weekly
- Conduct discovery & face-to-face meetings/presentations w/ prospects/customers, qualify & manage opportunities, & allocate time & resources accordingly
- Manage prospect/customer evaluations, pilots, proof of concepts, and any RFP/BIDs/RFIs
- Attend regional trade shows and key territory events
- Regularly canvas territory with in-person drop-ins and create ZUM presence & awareness
- Deliver and manage key correspondence, feedback, communication, and market/customer learning to core stakeholders both internal and external
- Coordinate and work cross-functionally with respective Ops team and extended team members to manage daily activity and detail for quotes, proposals, and continual business continuity
- Ensure an outstanding positive prospect/customer experience & make our customers successful!
What you will bring to Zūm:
- Minimum of 3 + years of successful, direct quota bearing sales experience selling B2B applications/solutions into both SMB and Enterprise Accounts. Experience selling SAAS solutions, CRM, ERP, or EdTech sales is strongly preferred
- 4 of those years must include direct, outside/field sales and sole territory management experience
- History of quota over-achievement in highly competitive markets & proven track record in evangelistic selling of new technology solutions and services
- Experience in managing varied sales and evaluation cycles, presenting in person, conversing with & compelling the C-suite, and closing six figure deals
- Change master, not stymied by ambiguity, and easily adapts in a rapidly expanding and fluid environment
- Strong leadership, bias to action, and accountability for results
- Outstanding communication, presence, & presentation skills a must
- Strong negotiation skills and well-developed procurement acumen
- Keen technical aptitude and CRM forecast discipline
- Effectively manages time, activities, details and the needs of the business daily
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Four-year university/college degree required
Perks and Benefits with us:
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Unlimited vacation policy
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA is: $70k+ base with additional commission up to approximately $115k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
See more open positions at Zum
Something looks off?