Community Ambassador - Spokane, WA
Do you love Spokane? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots?
As the Spokane, WA Community Ambassador, you will be a part-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop, and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp.
The Community Ambassador role requires a blend of strong event planning, social media, and marketing skills with the goal of highlighting local businesses and further growing the local Yelp community. Community Ambassadors also spend time engaging with their local Yelp Elite Squad, a group of Yelpers who have gone the extra mile with their content- sharing awesome photos, writing thoughtful reviews, and supporting other Yelpers in the community.
What you'll do:
- You will be the face of Yelp in your region by attending local events and building relationships with local business owners and community organizers.
- You will conceptualize, plan, and execute Yelp events in your region.
- You will engage with your local Yelp Elite squad online and offline, by hosting Yelp Elite events at local businesses and keeping them up to date on the latest happenings in your city.
- You will be responsible for building Yelp collections for the Local Yelp newsletter, which features weekly themes highlighting the best local businesses to discover.
- You will manage the day-to-day curation and growth of Yelp’s local social media presence across Instagram and Twitter.
What it takes to succeed:
You consider yourself a local expert on all things Spokane!
You are willing to connect with business owners to forge relationships and inspire collaboration on behalf of Yelp.
You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
You thrive in an autonomous environment.
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- You live within 30 minutes of Spokane city center.
- You are at least 21 years of age and have reliable transportation options.
- You have the bandwidth and flexibility to work a firm 19 hours per week.
- While you will not be restricted to only working for Yelp, you may not qualify for the position if there is a conflict of interest, such as: you are a business owner, you are closely affiliated with a business owner, or you work for one of our direct competitors.
What you'll get:
Compensation range for this position is $17.00 - $20.00 per hour.