Software Engineer - Stratospheric Ballooning
World View Enterprises
Software Engineer – Stratospheric Ballooning
Remote or In Office – Headquarters in Tucson, AZ
At World View, we strive to be a responsible technology leader in the collection, analysis, and delivery of actionable information gathered by our strategically placed arrays of persistent sensors in the stratosphere.
We provide on-demand, scheduled, and historical aerial data and analytics from sensors deployed to the stratosphere with persistent coverage, higher resolution, and increased value over traditional aerial and space imagery sources.
To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining a collaborative team where they can build skills and experience while working on exciting projects that are, quite literally, out of this world.
What We Are Looking For
Don’t meet all the qualifications? No problem! If you have a solid base of SW Engineering skills, we can get you up to speed on the rest.
- BS in Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience coding in a professional environment.
- Python – Main coding language. Great if you’re already a master. Still learning? We can work with that.
- C, C++, C#, Java – Not our main languages, but a strong foundation here can be helpful.
- Linux – Ubuntu or Debian distributions preferred.
- MQTT – Experience here is a plus.
- Microservices for data transfer, commands, and hardware interfacing
- Willing and able to support team members with code reviews in a supportive environment.
- Experience taking complex ideas and simplifying them.
- Ability to translate engineering jargon and concepts into Software deliverables.
- Great attitude, communication skills, and desire to work in a positive collaborative environment.
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.