Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is on a mission to help financial institutions build best-in-class climate programs. We work with some of the world’s largest banks and asset managers to track their financed emissions, identify decarbonization opportunities and use climate data to inform real business decisions.
We are looking for someone to lead Watershed’s climate finance work. You will be someone with demonstrated leadership in building climate analytics programs in financial institutions. As a leader in a fast-growing team, you will be shaping the strategy of the team as well as being an on-the-ground operator — designing the product our finance customers use, identifying new opportunities and driving business development, and working directly with our customers to help shape their climate programs. The role will require working closely with company leaders across Engineering/Product, Sales and Customer Services to build and scale our Financial Institutions team and our climate software products.
You will be responsible for:
- Building climate intelligence in Watershed — bringing insights on the latest challenges and opportunities facing financial institutions.
- Helping drive the strategic direction of the Financial Institutions team — including go-to-market opportunities, and working with the Engineering/Product team on building new products.
- Working with customers to support them building sophisticated climate programs, comply with voluntary and mandatory climate finance frameworks, and identify and drive decarbonization opportunities.
You might be a fit if you have 6+ years of experience:
- Building or leading climate analytic programs in financial institutions.
- Using climate and ESG data to inform investment decisions and identify decarbonization opportunities.
- Complying with voluntary and mandatory financial climate regulations/frameworks (TCFD, CSRD, SFDR, IIGCC etc.)
The anticipated salary range is in addition to a total rewards benefit package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.