Customer Success Manager - Commodities
Vortexa was founded to solve the immense information gap that exists in the energy and shipping industry. By using massive amounts of new satellite data and pioneering work in artificial intelligence, Vortexa creates an unprecedented view of global energy flows and freight analytics in real-time, bringing transparency and efficiency to the commodity markets, and helping society as a whole.
Having secured over $40M USD in total funding, we are embarking on a period of rapid growth.
Vortexa is looking for a Customer Success Manager based in Singapore to play an influential role in our post-sale customer experience in the APAC region and have a major role in our ambitious growth plans.
You will join a globally growing customer success team, working seamlessly in partnership with our pre-sales product specialists. In this role, you will proactively nurture and develop relationships with our diverse customer base comprising physical and financial market players across the global energy and shipping spectrum and help to deliver on their needs and ambitions.
You will be the first point of contact for our existing users, responsible for driving adoption, harnessing analytics and striving to elevate customer health with each interaction. You will act as a trusted partner to clients as you move them through the customer journey, continually seeking to match their needs with our products and services.
As the primary champion of client experience, you will interface closely and dynamically across the business, orchestrating a best-in-class experience for existing and prospective users. You will coordinate seamlessly between the commercial organisation, subject matter experts, marketing, product and R&D.
You will be hungry to expand your network of contacts within the customer base, virtually and in person, to promote the way in which we add value.
You must be an adaptive and driven self-starter that thrives in the face of challenge, with a resourceful and positive approach to problem-solving in a fast-paced and constantly evolving scale-up environment.
You will be responsible for...
- Understanding our client’s strategic goals and needs, and continually executing customer success programs and touchpoints to drive adoption and secure retention
- The Customer Health of our existing client base; using in-house analytics to mitigate churn risks, and surface opportunities.
- Developing a deep knowledge of our clients and prospects; developing supportive and collaborative long-term relationships with them through meetings virtually and in person
- Collaborating daily with Product, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales to develop targeted account plans
- Providing customer training, and coordinating service & support needs
- Designing solutions specific to our customer segments
- Proactively sharing knowledge and best-practices with clients, as well as internally
It would be great if you also…
- Have experience in energy, shipping or in the wider commodity/financial analytics sector
- Have excellent engagement and influencing skills with an ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Have values and mindset that closely match ours
- Have exceptional organizational skills, communication and active listening skills
- Have strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Are data-minded and excellent ability to manipulate and organise analytics for decision making
- Are results orientated with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives
- Value working in an open and collaborative environment
- Have an ability to handle the big picture as well as deep dive into details, and can tell stories about solutions, value and relationships
Skills & Experience...
- Client-first mentality and track record of churn prevention, renewal, adoption and upsell success
- Several years’ experience within a customer success, sales or business development role (B2B SaaS experience a plus)
- Strong relationship building and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written in English
- Experience using customer success analytics tools, for high-touch as well as low-touch programs
- Stock-options in a fast-growing, high-potential business
- A vibrant and diverse workplace
- An open, collaborative, and supportive working culture built on merit, which celebrates creative thinking and “getting things done.”
- The opportunity to work with AI-driven technology in a scale-up environment with commodity trading experts
- 401k with up to 2% contributions matched by Vortexa
- Private Health Insurance offered via Blue Cross Shield
- Dental and Vision cover offered via Guardian
- Global Volunteering Policy to help you ‘do good’ and feel better