One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
The Performance Engineer will analyze drilling operations performance and develop performance reports. The Performance Engineer will also be responsible for the generation of all performance dashboards. Possessing expert experience in well construction processes, the Performance Engineer will be expected to provide drilling technical knowledge.
Performance Engineer reports directly to the RTOC Supervisor and shall demonstrates a total understanding and commitment at tracking operations and translating it into Performance indicators defined under the KPI and GPI definitions as defined by the Company.
- Monitoring / analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs), related to drilling operations, with appropriate software and analysis of the Lessons Learned System.
- Highlighting opportunities for cost efficiency and performance improvement, identifying challenges and proposing innovative technology solutions.
- Ensuring the Offshore/Onshore Teams are challenged to have meaningful conversations prior to a task.
- Training Drilling Engineers, Geologists and TLs in using the performance dashboard and viewing the various KPIs.
- Actively contributing to the Section performance review (SPR), Monthly Performance Review (MPR) and end of well report (EOWR) by providing performance KPIs for each operation.
- Establishing operations / reporting guidelines that will be converted into corporate procedures.
- Tracking NPT& identifying, calculating & reporting ILT (Invisible Loss Time)
- Performing QA/QC of daily reports (DDR) from rigs, confirming the usage of proper codes & subcodes (as per the Code of Practice) concerning the operations performed.
- Contribute & involve in setting up & updating Standard Operating Procedure.
- Adheres to Customer standards and policies.
- Responsible to Identify, Capture and Communicate in due time, any discrepancy or inconsistency in Low Frequency (EDM) and High Frequency data. Any event is communicated to the relevant Customer’s roles through the “Discrepancy Notification”.
- Is fully proficient in the use of performance tracking application / software.
- Responsible for generating all the performance related deliverables like “Daily Performance Report” (DPR), “Section Performance Report” (SPR), “Record Tracker”, “ILT/POT Recognition” etc. by adhering to the agreed frequency and time of delivery.
- Responsible to identify and escalate any performance related issues with either the process or application with RTOC Supervisor and Company representative accordingly.
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mudlogging or M/LWD or directional drilling.
- Understands Well Operations in all its different aspects, with especial emphasis in those operations that play a role on the KPI and GPI Definitions.
What will help you on the job
- Interpersonal relationship
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Strategic vision
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.