Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As an Algorithms Developer at Via, you’ll join our R&D center in TLV. The position is under the Algo group, which is responsible for the various Via algorithms that run in production on our live servers. The position requires a deep understanding of our existing algorithms, with ability to maintain and improve them, as well as developing new ones for the various needs we have here at Via. If you’re a developer by heart and enjoy working in an algorithms oriented hands-on dynamic environment, that position might be just for you!
What You'll Do:
- Full ownership of features from tech design to implementation and deployment
- Develop multiple features concurrently
- Immediate effect over Via passengers and clients around the world
- Tight collaborating with peer developers and product managers
Who You Are:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on industry experience in algorithms development
- M.Sc. in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / similar field - significant advantage
- Experience in full stack development - significant advantage
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language, preferably Python
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team player: you work well with people, as well as by yourself.
- Pragmatic: you know how to deconstruct a problem into few smaller problems
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?