Welder, Haven, 1st Shift
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Welding Technician to support the development and fabrication of the Haven-1 structure, Vast’s first artificial-gravity human-rated space station. This position is based at our Long Beach Headquarters.
As a welding technician on Haven, you will work in a team-oriented environment where quick communication and effective execution are key.
- Weld the Haven Structure for Human spaceflight
- Inspect fabricated parts for geometry acceptance and weld conformance
- Work with Engineering to improve tools and problem solve.
- Self-starter, highly motivated working in a fast-paced department
- Experience with a wide variety of fabrication equipment
- Material handling of raw goods and finished weldments
- Prep Material for welding
- Experience reading engineering blueprints
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- 2+ years in the aerospace or automotive industry
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work in a team on fast-moving projects
- Team player
- 4 or more years as a Aerospace welder
- MIG, TIG, & robotic welding sheet metal
- General Fabrication
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs unassisted
- Ability to stand for 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to support critical mission milestones
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.