Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Lobby Security Officer. In this role, you will support all employees and visitors company wide.
- Greet all employees and guests
- Assist guests with the ENVOY check in process
- Verify ID and POC of visitors
- Issue the appropriate visitor/temp employee badges
- Notify employees vis SLACK when guests arrive
- Notify employees when packages or mail arrive
- Intermittently patrol the interior and exterior of the building
- Maintain corporate calendar via ENVOY
- Observe and report all suspicious activity
- Report and document all incidents to Security Management
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Ca BSIS Guard card
- 2+ years of professional experience in security operations in an industrial environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High level of customer service skills
- Articulate and polite
- The ability to verbally de-escalate a situation
- BSIS or other security training
- The ability to work independently
- Must be available to work all required shift hours, overtime, and weekends, to support critical mission milestones.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.