Subcontract Management Specialist 2
United Launch Alliance
Subcontract Management Specialist 2
*If you were referred to ULA by a current employee, please reach out to your contact for a link to HireUp. Referral applications are processed through HireUp.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 150 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
United Launch Alliance seeks a skilled Subcontract Management Specialist (SCM-2) to support the Propulsion Systems and Structures team at ULA Corporate Headquarters in Centennial, CO. The SCM-2 engages as a member of a multi-function team overseeing subcontractors, major/critical subcontractors, and related services. Directs and manages all cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements levied on the subcontractor or the product family. Ensures performance and support of contract milestones. Assists in the development of subcontract specifications, and work statements. Serves as the focal point to the subcontractor. As required, briefs ULA management and customers regarding subcontract status and issues affecting subcontract performance or cost. As required, supports program reviews with the subcontractor and ULA / Customer program offices. Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make/buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, and cost accountability. Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor. Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
The primary role of a ULA SCM-2 within the Propulsion Systems and Structures team is to facilitate purchasing activities for the acquisition of flight hardware required by the enterprise with a focus on integrated Supply Chain strategy and strategic sourcing analysis. Successful execution of SCM-2 responsibilities as a member of the high-performing Propulsion Systems and Structures team requires working collaboratively within the team to develop and clearly communicate flight hardware requirements and execution expectations to suppliers, optimizing value for ULA.
The Propulsion Systems and Structures SCM-2 will:
• Translate demand forecasts into a strategic sourcing and procurement plan
• Ensure compliance with ULA Supply Chain Command Media, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and standard ULA business processes
• Partner with cross-functional teammates to develop flight hardware requirements, aligned with the ULA business imperatives, for flow-down to suppliers and prospective suppliers
• Possess / Develop advanced price analysis, proposal evaluation, and negotiation skills aimed at reducing the total cost of ownership to ULA for flight hardware and related services
• Possess / Develop project management skills
• Analyze prospective procurements to develop strategies that will secure the best value for ULA for flight hardware and related services
• Identify and resolve supply chain constraints, working with internal stakeholders and suppliers to develop executable, cost-effective solutions
• Act as a liaison between the supplier and ULA
• Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics
• Identify action items, organize resources to address action items, and follow up on all supplier-facing issues
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 2 - 6 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain or a related field from an accredited college or university is required.
• 2 to 6 years experience in Supply Chain or a Business function/discipline
• Experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, or Business Experience with purchasing policies and procedures
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (SAP preferred)
• Experience following standard business procedures, and general business knowledge/acumen
• Experience with basic professional analytical techniques to develop solutions for problems
• Experience working cross-functionally with various groups across an organization
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$74,911 - $117,125
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
Procurement & Subcontract Mgmt