Ground Software Simulation Product Owner 4
United Launch Alliance
Ground Software Simulation Product Owner 4
*If you were referred to ULA by a current employee, please reach out to your contact for a link to HireUp. Referral applications are processed through HireUp.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 150 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- The Ground Software Simulation Product Owner will be responsible for overseeing the development and evolution of a complete ground system and launch vehicle simulation used to support software development and mission integration for the Vulcan launch vehicle.
- The product owner is responsible for integrating across ULA software architects, CREs and development teams to develop overall product requirements, roadmap, and execution plans.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field from an accredited college or university is required.
- This role requires strong communication and leadership skills with an understanding of software and systems engineering processes and practices including the role of simulation in the development and verification of embedded software.
- Experience in the development of software requirements in collaboration with end users
- Has experience in the implementation and verification of software requirements
- The development of feature roadmaps, implementation plans and schedules for executing the development of integrated software systems
- Develop and lead the implementation of feature roadmaps
- Coordinate across software teams to manage dependencies and risk
- Summarize and present project progress to multiple levels of leadership
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$134,033 - $209,391
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!