Propulsion Design Engineer 1
United Launch Alliance
Propulsion Design Engineer 1
*If you were referred to ULA by a current employee, please reach out to your contact for a link to HireUp. Referral applications are processed through HireUp.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 150 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
This position is located at the ULA rocket manufacturing, final assembly, and test facility in Decatur Alabama. This position will primarily interface remotely with the ULA Denver Engineering team, in addition to the local ULA Production and Launch Site teams.
- Job responsibilities include generating engineering drawings and changes for propulsion subsystems and components, including testing.
- Interface with component supplier engineering teams for the design, integration, and testing of components.
- Support resolution of technical anomalies and improve manufacturing.
- Support system integration and perform system-level trade studies to optimize designs for manufacturing, reproducibility, and performance.
- Travel as needed to support production and supplier activities.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and working effectively in a team environment are essential.
- Strong communication skills.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!