Ground Software Engineer 3 - Simulation
United Launch Alliance
Ground Software Engineer 3 - Simulation
*If you were referred to ULA by a current employee, please reach out to your contact for a link to HireUp. Referral applications are processed through HireUp.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 150 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- Design, development, test, operation, and maintenance of mission-critical software used to command, control, and monitor systems on the launch vehicle and launch pad systems prior to launch vehicle liftoff.
- Design, develop, and test software for controlling electrical and fluid systems, monitoring and analyzing telemetry in real-time, and providing the user interfaces used by the launch operations team to execute countdown and launch for all ULA launches.
- Operate as part of an agile/scrum software development team, taking features from requirements development through design, implementation, and testing.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel to produce high-quality software that meets stakeholder needs, delivers value for the enterprise, and most importantly, ensures a successful launch every time!
- Educate and mentor junior engineers in software development practices and skills through coaching, documentation, and design & architecture discussions.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 4 - 8 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of directly related exempt work experience may be used to satisfy the bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Shell Scripting
- Experience with Unix / Linux application development
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Use of software configuration management systems such as git
- Experience developing hardware-based software control
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$109,510 - $171,096
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!