Ground Software Scrum Master 3
United Launch Alliance
Ground Software Scrum Master 3
*If you were referred to ULA by a current employee, please reach out to your contact for a link to HireUp. Referral applications are processed through HireUp.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 150 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- You will engage with Product Owners, Technology Architects, QA, and Development team members on cross-functional activities.
- You will help teams working on solutions that will continually evolve and grow autonomous capabilities.
- You will continually look for ways the team can improve and will be able to encourage growth through cultivating strong relationships and trust.
- The Scrum Master owns the process for the team and creates a balance between the Product Owner and the Technical Architect.
- Foremost, they demonstrate servant leadership by ensuring the scrum team has the resources they need, are shielded from distractions and interruptions, and works to remove impediments along the way.
- The Scrum Master will be responsible for capacity/budget and sprint status reporting (burn up/burn down) and risk management.
- You will be responsible for successful delivery of software products with high quality, and even more importantly, high morale.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 4 - 8 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of directly related exempt work experience may be used to satisfy the bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Demonstrable experience of Scrum Management
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in an Agile environment
- Embraces rapid delivery and deployment
- Proficiency in Atlassian tool suite, including JIRA and Confluence
- Proficiency in JQL
- Helps teams self-organize and self-manage.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and teach new concepts
- Experience with best practices of software development, including CI/CD, Agile Methodologies, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Enjoys solving problems and can resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills
- Helps teams self-organize and self manage
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$109,510 - $171,096
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!