Strategy & Planning Manager/ S&P Lead, Data Analytics
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
About The RoleWe are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Analytics Lead to join our Delivery Canada Strategy & Planning team. As the leader of the S&P Data Analytics team, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our delivery platform across Canada.The S&P Data Analytics team is responsible for developing advanced analytical insights and precision tooling to solve complex strategic challenges critical to accelerating growth and bolstering the business. As the Canadian market matures, we need to better understand and engage with Canadian Eaters, Merchants, and Couriers with experiences targeted at their individual needs and pain-points. As the Canadian market competition heats up, we need to strengthen our understanding of our competitors strengths and weaknesses, and strengthen our competitiveness. The team develops both valuable insights & analytics to review business performance, as well as develops the tools to implement and drive growth.As the Data Analytics Lead, you will be a key partner of our Delivery Canada leadership team and will collaborate with partners from S&P, Operations, Sales, Finance, Product, and the broader cross-function org.You will have the exciting opportunity to lead a small team of data analysts: to inspire, guide, and develop them.If you have a strength and passion for data analytics to unlock critical business challenges, strategic thinking to set ambitious yet achievable visions, innovation thinking to develop creative solutions at scale, partner management to collaborate with cross-functional partners, and leadership skills to inspire, guide, and grow small team of Data Analytics managers, this role is right for you. What You’ll Do
- Own the business performance metrics, translating complex data into accurate, timely, and actionable insights & decisions which deliver business impact
- Conduct advanced analytics business analysis across competition, Eaters, Merchants, and Couriers, to identify areas for growth and improvement
- Develop and refine operational tools and levers which drive growth and improvement
- Develop and maintain robust data infrastructure, ensuring data integrity, reliability, and accessibility across the organization.
- Lead and manage a small team of data analysts, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including S&P, Operations, Sales, Finance, and Product
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and processes in data analytics, using new technologies and methodologies to drive continuous improvement within the team.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a relevant field such as Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5+ years proven experience in data analytics preferably in a managerial role, with a track record of delivering insights that drive business growth and performance.
- Strong technical skills in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization, using SQL
- Excellent communication and partner management skills, with the ability to effectively present complex data and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficient in project management, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- 8+ years proven experience in data analytics preferably in a managerial role, with a track record of delivering insights that drive business growth and performance.
- Experience using common open source tools – such as Python or R – to work efficiently at scale.
- Data Science experience or collaborating with a DS team
- Understanding of statistics concepts (distribution, confidence intervals, statistical significance, regression model, etc)
- Prior experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment is highly desirable.