Data Analytics Intern - NIT Silicar
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
About UberWe’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were justan app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of thelogistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, ora package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money.For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and makestreets safer.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teamsworking on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’rereimagining how people and things move from one place to the next. About The TeamAt Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driverpartners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in thismission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest,most efficient way. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner supportaround the globe and we’re looking for a Analytics & Reporting Supervisor, (you!), todevelop various support efforts within our Hyderabad Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEsare contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to ridersand drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issuestypes, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new supportmodalities or processes.As an Intern You will help support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data driven approach and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time- management, priority setting and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in. What You’ll Need
- Passionate about making magic for our communities and have an enthusiastic attitude.
- You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
- You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s customer excellence values and are obsessed
- An ace problem solver. Express creative problem solving skills, structured thinking & be
- You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to improve processes effectiveness whether they are short-term workarounds, or more long-term process improvements.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- Get stuff done. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of
- Continually improve and automate our methods for gathering data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions. Automate various business processes to improve efficiency at work.
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
- Effectively communicate insights from and be able to tell a story around data, using various visualization tools available
- Actively pursuing a B.Tech or Integrated Dual Degree (anticipated graduation in 2024) in Computer Science, Electronics Eng, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Mathematical Sciences or related fields.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- SQL Proficiency required, Python/R Preferred.