Head of Strategy & Planning for New Verticals
4 Árboles, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico · Taiwan
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. (Diversity Statement) About The RoleNew Verticals (NV) is a fast-growing startup within Uber that enables consumers to get just about anything delivered through the UberEats app or UberEats.com. The Head of Strategy & Planning for NV, Uber Eats Taiwan is an important member of the core leadership team for the NV business. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with cross functional team leaders, you will shape the strategy for the next phase of NV in Taiwan, carefully considering the stage and competitive context of our business and the different requirements across our 17 cities.With your well developed business acumen and trusted relationships across teams, you are expected to bring sophisticated insights to the table, constantly pushing our thinking to be creative and fresh, yet with appropriate levels of risk. The person in this role will help the General Manager have a clear cross-team view, understanding Taiwan’s business in its entirety. What You’ll Do
- Business Planning: Lead half-yearly and annual planning (strategic, financial, people), which includes crafting a compelling country strategic narrative, identifying headline goals, and partnering with cross functional teams to determine corresponding OKRs in an integrated and cohesive manner. Partner with the Operations team on go-to-market strategy for new businesses or products as needed.
- Governance & Performance Management: Maintain a lean, effective operating cadence for accountability and decision making, allowing the team to remain nimble and dynamic while setting up the business to outperform plans. Partner closely with Strategic Finance for P&L oversight, promptly calling out opportunity and risk areas to the GM for decision making.
- Analytics & Insights: Acquire deep understanding of the operational aspects of our marketplace and generate strategic insights that surface growth opportunities in both the core business as well as new verticals.
- Industry & Competition: Partner with the Regional Strategy and Planning team to provide competitive insights and innovate on competitive strategy.
- Org & Enablement: Partner with the GM to create the right organization structure to enable effective strategy execution.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in finance, strategy, consulting, investment banking or similar analytical roles. Preferably in Q-commerce, CPG, Retail industries
- Strong commercial and operational acumen as well as critical problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong, cross functional relationships.
- Project and change management experience.
- Team leadership and development experience.