SMB Restaurant Onboarding Team Manager (UberEats Sales)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
#Greatmindsdontthinkalike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but an outstanding individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides an equal opportunity to encourage all employees to share their thoughts. About The TeamSince launching in Japan in 2016, UberEats has become an important contributor in the local food culture within Japan and helping local businesses connect with their customers. 2022 brings a new chapter of the Delivery story. Our vision is to "deliver anything, to anyone, at any time" and to become a meaningful part of people's daily life. We want to ensure that we are growing all sides of our marketplace, so that we can provide the best customer experience possible. About The RoleThe SMB Onboarding Team is in charge of day-to-day communication with RPs, making sure their operation runs smoothly or any technical troubleshooting. This team is to collaborate with the Acquisition sales team to optimize the efficiency of the sales cycle.This position has a strong emphasis on team and performance management as you'll be supervising 3-4 sales managers who are looking after 10+ sales members each (total of 25~30 people to manage). Your Role And Responsibilities
- The primary KPI is the restaurant conversion rate from the sales team into the first trip (targeting 70% > currently at 65%) - first trip means the first successful order from the restaurant via UberEats application.
- Expecting to handle around 2,000 restaurant onboarding requests per month. This person needs to train the SMB sales members, evaluate their performance, and improve team efficiency
- Need to motivate the sales members to make sure that each individual restaurant onboards and integrates their system with UberEats as early and as smoothly as possible.
- Provide sales training in case the sales member needs to deal with clients who encounter problems during the onboarding and integration phase (i.e. withdrawal request, delay, etc.)
- Need to communicate with a cross-functional team (ACQ, ELC, MLC) on a daily basis to ensure each restaurant's success with UberEats, especially during the first 6 months after onboarding.
- Look closely into key data points to identify pain-points, bottlenecks, and areas of improvement in the current onboarding process. Once identified the issue, sift through the data and use the finding to come up with the solution to increase efficiency and optimize the onboarding process.
- Team and performance management experiences (5+ members)
- Full proficiency in English and Japanese
- Eyes for detail - experience in data analysis and turning data into practical strategy.
- Outstanding track record of achieving business targets within sales, team management and people management.
- SQL is not required but strong plus
- Salesforce usage experience on the job
- Vendor management experience
- Background in E-commerce and Tech industry.