Account Manager, Uber Direct - France
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
About The RoleSince 2020, Delivery at Uber has grown tremendously on the back of increased demand caused by the pandemic. Merchants across all categories have increased their investment and interest in their digital and delivery offering. Without having their own on-demand logistics capability, merchants are looking for a partner who can fulfill the requirement for last-mile delivery. With millions of drivers and couriers providing on-demand logistics through our existing marketplaces, Uber is well positioned to allow merchants to use our network of couriers, fulfilling the on-demand last-mile-delivery service for orders to their own app and website.Uber Direct is a new business that focuses on last-mile delivery across all verticals - Online Food Delivery, Grocery, Retail, Ecommerce - empowering merchants to deliver orders generated on their own channels (outside of Uber’s marketplaces) with the most convenient experience. Direct is rapidly growing the ways in which Uber connects the world. Our goal is to set the momentum that will transform Direct into a sizable part of our business by EOY'23. Uber Direct has the potential to be our next multi-billion dollar business.As Account Manager for Uber Direct in France, you will be owning the relationship with a growing base of Partners (Food and non-food retailers, e-commerce players, aggregators) to fuel Uber's Direct growth in France. You will be responsible for their operational & technical onboarding on Uber Direct, as well as for growing our business with them. You will play an integral role on a cross-functional team, executing towards our vision and strategy of connecting Ecommerce to final consumers. You will collaborate across internal teams including product, finance, legal, tech and operations to provide the best service to our customers! What You Will DoAs a Uber Direct Account Manager, be a strategic partner to the Uber Direct team, to support the growth of the France business:
- Build long-term relationships with Uber Direct customers - Develop meaningful and long-lasting relationships with key partners by focusing on building trust and crafting successful joint business plans
- Advise merchants on their e-commerce customer experience - Be a sounding board for merchants to develop the best experience for their end-customers and their store employees. Guide them and advise them on the customization possibilities of the delivery by Uber Direct.
- Be the translator between business and tech stakeholders - Develop a detailed understanding of Uber Direct technical components and be able to explain them to merchants in a simple comprehensible way. Translate business objectives and requirements into technical characteristics of the integration.
- Onboard new merchants - Be the project manager for merchants technical integration and operational onboarding on Uber Direct. From integration requirements specification to onboarding execution, be responsible for the go-live of new merchants with Uber Direct.
- Monitor the activity and analyze data - Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to monitor the go-live of new merchants and communicate them internally and externally to continuously improve the reliability of Uber Direct.
- Promote Uber Direct value proposition - Clearly understand and communicate the value of Uber Direct to Enterprise Accounts. Seek and achieve logistics, same-day delivery, delivery as a service industry knowledge to have enriching conversations with Enterprise Accounts. Look for ways to grow our business within existing accounts.
- Contribute to Uber Direct offering improvement - Act as an ambassador of Uber's mission, brand, and product - being a problem solver for partners and team. Identify ways to develop further Uber Direct offering to answer partner’s needs
- Min 3 years of experience in Sales, Account management, Business Development or Operations in a large business or growing a start-up or other relevant experience
- Experience in account management, a consistent record in business development and client management preferred
- Good business understanding and judgment. Familiarity with e-commerce customer journey or willingness to learn to support merchants on the design and implementation of their customer journey from ordering to delivery.
- Comfortable dealing with technical information and guiding business stakeholders through technical business requirements
- Hands-on mindset, comfortable deep-diving into operational and technical topics to support merchants on day-to-day issues in coordination with cross-functional teams
- Analytical mindset, comfortable dealing with numbers and producing performance analysis (mostly on Google Sheets)
- Empathetic when dealing with different people; able to quickly build relationships with external and internal partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset and pro-activity
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly
- Proficiency in English and French
- Experience or familiarity with API integration is a plus but is not required
- Industry knowledge in the on-demand / same-day delivery space is a plus but is not required