Chief Risk and Compliance Officer
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
About The RoleUber Payments UK LTD (UPUK) is Uber Payments B.V.’s subsidiary in the UK responsible for processing all of Uber’s payments in the United Kingdom (UK) under a licence from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As a licensed financial institution, UPUK’s risk management and compliance frameworks are key for meeting its stringent compliance obligations. This role is crucial for ensuring that these are adequately implemented and maintained.As Risk Management and Compliance Management are of vital importance to UPUK as the regulated e-money institution and payment services provider for Uber in the UK, we are looking for a strong candidate to fulfill the role of Chief Risk & Compliance OfficerThe UPUK Chief Risk & Compliance Officer heads UPUK’s second line of defence, is a member of UPUK’s Board and within the Board responsible for the overall management of operational, financial and compliance risks. What You'll Do
- Ultimately responsibity for overall risk management of UPUK as well as Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing programs and ensuring compliance with regulations, good practices by regulators and other relevant prudential requirements applicable to UPUK.
- Establish and maintain relationship and communication with UPUK’s regulators.
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Motivating and leading a risk and compliance team to put a robust risk framework into practice, managing escalations and syndicate compliance across the organisation.
- Building and maintaining effective controls, incident response and management thereof.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with risk owners in other areas of Uber.
- Maintaining strong relationships with other Uber leadership roles in the UK, as well as with leadership within Uber Payments BV;
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry best practice.
- Staying abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect UPUK’s operation.
- Managing and executing reporting and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
- Managing the service provision of risk and compliance processes by Uber Payments B.V.
- Experience relevant (>10 years) for leading a risk and compliance function in a regulated financial institution in the UK or in an international setting (e-money or payment services provider are a plus);
- Experience with risk management and compliance management;
- Experience with managing intra-group and/or external outsourcing relationships;
- Experience in leading a risk and compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of risk & compliance management as an enabler of sustainable business growth;
- A passion for developing innovative risk and compliance solutions whilst being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization;
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to UPUK’s operations and exposure to -having worked with- regulatory organisations (such as FCA);
- Great communicator, quick thinker and confident in decision making