Software Engineer - Flex Bridge
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer on Twilio’s FLEX product engineering team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify, Nike and many others.
Twilio’s Bridge team itself builds and designs challenging GraphQL solutions to be used by our real-time AI Contact Center product. That can consist of classical REST API queries and also real-time subscription services. In addition to that, many other teams rely on integrating their services with the Flex Bridge services to deliver their advanced features to our customers. The position is especially critical in supporting Twilio’s expansion and will be central in creating a core product that provides leverage to all Twilio’s Flex Contact Center and engineering teams!
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and improve the GraphQL query and subscriptions layer for Twilios programmable cloud contact center platform - Flex.
- Design and develop elegant and scalable solutions across a wide variety of contexts including a highly available and responsive API guaranteeing 99.999% SLA.
- Interact extensively across all other engineering teams within Twilio and more specifically within other Flex engineering teams to align on engineering and architecture decisions.
- Live and champion mature, high-quality engineering through writing tests, valuing code maintainability, documenting your work, etc.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Scalable backend. You understand scalability challenges and the performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and fault tolerant API’s and services.
- Experience with JVM stack languages (Java experience is great). Go, Python, C# or Typescript familiarity is also helpful.
- Cloud. You are proficient in cloud technologies and are hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, or Azure. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Testing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop a quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- Operations. You like to own a domain end to end, including deployment and operation of your services in production.
- Communication and collaboration. You have strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Experience developing for Confluent Kafka solutions.
- No stranger to Docker and containerisation in general.
- Experience participating in development for large scale services.
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
This role will be based in our Tallinn, Estonia office or remotely Estonia.
We prioritize connection and opportunities to build relationships with our customers and each other. For this role, you may be required to travel occasionally to participate in project or team in-person meetings.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.