Internal Auditor 2
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Internal Auditor.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support the delivery of Twilio’s Internal Audit plan and our SOX/ICFR compliance requirements. This will be a highly visible role across the Controllership group. The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to the control testing and delivery of the India ICFR Compliance and SOX processes. We are looking for an individual who can bring strong SOX, Internal Audit knowledge and skills to a highly collaborative environment. The position will report directly to the Manager, Internal Audit.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX/ICFR business processes and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general and application controls
- Lead end to end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities
- Improve SOX/ICFR documentation and work papers (i.e. work with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, refine / develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks etc.)
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX/ICFR program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks
- Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies
- Contribute to special projects both on-going and recurring (e.g., scaling controls, segregation of duties, implementation support/advisory), as needed, in an effective and efficient manner
- Liaising with external auditors as required
- Building strong professional relationships with the leadership in the business
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years experience in SOX and internal audit
- Accounting Qualification (CA,CPA or CIA)
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, accounting, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Ability to identify risks and controls when evaluating various business processes
- Ability to execute internal audits, including planning, developing audit procedures/techniques and writing reports
- Ability to work independently and as a team, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Nimble and flexible at navigating ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments and multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Big 4 or Tech Experience is a plus
This role will be RMZ Eco World, Bengaluru India
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.