Manager, Technical Support
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead all aspects of one of our Programmable Messaging Customer Support teams. In this role, you’ll help us scale our team while continuing to deliver an outanding support experience to Twilio's customers. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about delighting customers, mentoring and developing staff, and helping us scale our processes and procedures. This role is central to the delivering on Twilio Customer Support’s mission to provide an unparalleled experience answering customers’ questions, resolving customer issues, and empowering customers to build amazing applications.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team to achieve agreed goals
- Establish ambitious team and individual goals, lead to key success metrics including customer satisfaction, speed to respond and resolve, while improving quality and efficiency scores.
- Iterate and improve upon best-in-class customer service experiences, processes and policies. Maintain an approach of continuous improvement, refining incident response time over customer communication channels, improving the way the support team utilizes all support tools and features.
- Create a scalable workflow for issues and product tracking.
- Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of a scaling customer support team(s); responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management.
- Contribute to business improvement initiatives at the discretion of senior leadership.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Lead with confidence. Must have a proven ability to innovate, influence, and challenge the status quo to drive broad organizational efficiency
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Empathetic - skillful at building trusting and honest relationships, putting themselves into their staff’s shoes and being their best advocate.
- Solid analytical skills – Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data, and at ease with tools/processes needed for data focused decision-making.
- Demonstrated Results - Must have experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established critical metrics for productivity; CSAT, SLA and Backlog management.
- Technical skills – At ease with and exposure to SaaS or communications technology.
- Effective coach - facilitate problem solving and encourage employees’ development through coaching and focus on staff growth and successful career progression.
- Situational Awareness - Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, customers, and executives. Encourage diversity and inclusivity in collaboration.
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process to make decisions. At times, you will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions and that of their team.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own passion or interest.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- 3+ years in a customer-facing technical support management or related management role in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Prior technical support engineering experience is a plus.
This role will be Remote. Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?