As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
As a subrogation processor, you’ll play a key role in facilitating the recovery process of a claim, which includes contacting outside parties to collect or pay subrogation demands and negotiate a final settlement.
This position requires the candidate to work closely with our claims team, clients, and all related parties to obtain the necessary information to create subrogation recovery opportunities, coordinate the development of evidence to support subrogation recoveries, and pursue these recoveries in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and client handling guidelines. You’ll manage an inventory of subrogation claims ranging from coverage, auto, and property damage. Determining the best course of action for resolution, you’ll work with attorneys, internal and external customers, and businesses.
What you will do:
- Conduct investigation to determine a claim's subrogation potential and pursue an appropriate recovery
- Identify, investigate and gather proper information in support of recovery opportunities in a timely and effective manner
- Prepare materials and documentation on unsettled claims to communicate to all relevant parties inclusive of; claims professionals, clients, attorneys, collection agencies, and possible arbitration, if appropriate, for further legal action.
- Negotiate settlements with responsible parties. If a settlement can't be reached, directs legal action or arbitration versus potentially responsible parties.
- Maintain an active diary to ensure all claims are aggressively pursued
- Prepare necessary documentation in a timely manner in accordance with state filing requirements
- Perform all subrogation record keeping by maintaining a current status in documents and notes.
- Assemble and analyze data relative to subrogation recognition, pursuit, and recovery with the objective of ensuring optimal performance
- Maintain technical and regulatory expertise. Monitor judicial and legislative developments to promptly identify, analyze, and communicate changes impacting recovery strategies
- Hire, onboard, develop and mentor your team
- Handle escalations of difficult situations
- Meet KPIs for customer satisfaction, financial performance, and employee satisfaction
- Weekly and Monthly scorecard updates and analysis
- Additional leadership assignments monthly
- A high degree of judgment and initiative to design and implement collection strategies
- Demonstrated coaching and teamwork skills are essential
- Demonstrate commitment to Turo’s values, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards, and laws applicable to job responsibilities in work performance.
- Other duties as assigned
Training and Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9. a.m. - 5 p.m. MST. (Hybrid position)
- Two or more years of claims experience preferred
- Work experience includes:
- Claims handling or collections
- Fast-paced and changing environment
- Multitasking and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Proficient analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- You are the go-to person to answer questions at your current job and are looking for a challenge and a change of pace.
- Attention to detail is crucial, we work in a marketplace supporting hosts and guests across three geographies.
- You can work in an ever-evolving environment while maintaining quality standards, meeting KPIs, and requiring minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Identify and drive ongoing improvements to our policies and procedures
- Meet KPIs for customer satisfaction, cycle time, recovery
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $21.70/hr - $26.52/hr + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
Something looks off?