Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
The Financial Controller plays a key role in adding insight, quality, and control to our financial reporting process throughout the worldwide TomTom organization. An important aspect of the role is to partner closely with both finance and the business to understand our products as well as our contracts and commitments to our customers. You will drive efficient and high-quality processes that allow for accurate forecasting and insightful analysis and reporting.
This position will report directly to the Head of Group Accounting, Reporting, and Business Assurance and is a great opportunity for someone with Big Four audit experience who wants to make an entrance into a dynamic corporate environment of a fast-changing technology company.
What you'll do
- Take ownership for quality improvements in TomTom’s most complex revenue streams; areas that contain a high degree of estimation or are highly complex in nature. Ensure together with the different finance, legal, and business teams that we have effective and highly automated processes in place that drive high-quality accounting.
- Deliver accurate budget and forecast data for our IFRS revenue streams.
- Have regular contact with product units, business units, and legal to understand our products and customers in order to keep our accounting up to date and deliver business insightful reporting.
- Where possible aim to create insight into our processes via end-to-end process descriptions and easy to understand KPI dashboards.
- Be the champion of IFRS 15 revenue accounting within TomTom.
- Work closely with the financial leadership team to strengthen and improve our financial processes and make them the best in class. Aim to eliminate waste and simplify, standardize, and automate processes.
- Assist in large corporate projects.
What you'll need
- Accounting or Business Economics Degree and preferably complemented with a postgraduate qualification RA /ACA/CPA or equivalent
- Experience in audit and/or external reporting (IFRS or US GAAP)
- 3 to 6 years of relevant accounting and reporting experience, preferably in a corporate accounting department of a multinational company and/or in the 'big four'
- Keen on delivering excellent quality and willing to develop and demonstrate technical expertise in accounting
- A keen eye for detail and passion for data/reporting integrity and high-quality reports
- Fluent in English (spoken and written); knowledge of Dutch or additional European language(s) would be an advantage
- You are communicative, analytical, responsible, stress-resistant, and able to handle tight deadlines.
What we offer
A competitive compensation package, of course.
Time and resources to grow and develop, including a personal development budget and paid leave for learning days, as well as paid access to e-learning resources such as O’Reilly and LinkedIn Learning.
Time to support life outside of work, with enhanced parental leave plus paid leave to care for loved ones and volunteer in local communities.
Work from home, the office, or even abroad – each team has the flexibility to choose how they work based on business needs.
Improve your home office with a setup budget and get extra support with a monthly allowance.
Enjoy options to work from your home country and abroad for a set number of days each year, to visit family and friends, or to simply explore the world we’re mapping.
Take the holidays you want with a competitive holiday plan, plus an extra day off to celebrate your birthday.
Join annual events like our Hackathon and DevDays to bring your ideas to life with talented teammates from around the world.
Become a part of our inclusive global culture and have the chance to collaborate with a diverse community – we have over 80 nationalities at TomTom!
Find out more about our global benefits and enjoy additional local benefits tailored to your location.
Meet your team
We are the TomTom Global Businesses Services team, part of the CFO Office. We support TomTom with accounting, reporting, procurement, payroll, and more, and technology is at the core of what we do. We're always innovating to continue to raise the bar when it comes to our services and tooling. Our success lies in the journey itself – we measure it based on how we approach the challenges we face and the hard work we do to overcome them. In our team, you’ll join us on this journey and contribute directly to our success.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 3,800+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.