Customer Success Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) focuses on ensuring BUE customers have a positive experience with TomTom’s products and services. The CSM is responsible for building strong relationships with customers and partners, understanding their needs and goals, and helping them achieve success with TomTom’s offerings, with the final goal to renew contracts and expanding ongoing businesses. The role is primarily proactive and forward-looking. The role is complementary to other roles that are more reactive in nature, such as the Support / Technical Success Postsales role.
What you'll do
- Building strong long-term relationships with customers. The CSM is responsible for developing strong relationships with customers, and becoming a trusted advisor to help them achieve their business goals. The CSM interacts frequently with their customers, in formal as well as in less formal settings, including customer meetings and events.
- Understanding customer needs and goals. The CSM works to understand the unique needs and goals of each assigned customer and ensure that TomTom’s products or services align with those needs. The CSM has a good knowledge and understanding of the customer’s products and services, as well as how TomTom’s products and services are or can be used within these. A CSM gets under the skin of the customer – not just building relationships, but also understanding the customer’s products, services and processes.
- Onboarding and training customers. The CSM is responsible for ensuring that customers are properly onboarded and trained on TomTom’s products or services. The CSM also ensures that new joiners in the customer’s organization are properly trained and informed about TomTom’s products and services.
- Monitoring customer usage and adoption. The CSM monitors customer usage and adoption of TomTom’s products and services and identifies opportunities to increase usage and value.
- Identifying and addressing customer requirements. The CSM works to identify and address any requirements that customers may have with TomTom’s products or services, propagating and advocating these requirements into the TomTom organization, ensuring that customer needs are addressed, and satisfaction is maintained. The CSM should have a clear understanding of the business case, benefits to the customer, and value that the fulfillment of the requirement may bring to the customer).
- Renewing and expanding customer relationships. The CSM works in collaboration with Sales to renew deals and expand customer revenue. Deals are renewed when TomTom’s products and services create immediate and ongoing value for the customer. Customer revenues are expanded, either by increasing the volume of adoption of the products and services (i.e. upselling), or by selling additional products and services (i.e. cross-selling).
- Collaborating with internal teams. The CSM collaborates with internal stakeholders and teams such as technical support, sales, sales contract admin, product marketing, marketing, product management, product development, and product operations to ensure that customer needs are being met.
- Reporting internally on the customer’s status (use cases, solutions, helicopter view, issues, requirements, hot topics, escalations, feedback)
- Gaining industry knowledge of the industries where the customers are operating (e.g. Fleet & Logistics / Ride Hailing / Food delivery …)
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in customer success, account management, sales, product management, product development, product operations, product support or presales
- Experience with software products in a relevant industry (GIS software, spatial databases, analytics, navigation, planning)
- Experience with technical training and presentations.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and sales tools such as Salesforce and ServiceNow.
- Strong communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with TomTom’s products and services (uncompiled maps, traffic, SDKs, and APIs)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as being acquainted with Business Intelligence and data analytics tools/programming
What we offer
A competitive compensation package, of course.
Time and resources to grow and develop, including a personal development budget and paid leave for learning days, as well as paid access to e-learning resources such as O’Reilly and LinkedIn Learning.
Time to support life outside of work, with enhanced parental leave plus paid leave to care for loved ones and volunteer in local communities.
Work from home, the office, or even abroad – each team has the flexibility to choose how they work based on business needs.
Improve your home office with a setup budget and get extra support with a monthly allowance.
Enjoy options to work from your home country and abroad for a set number of days each year, to visit family and friends, or to simply explore the world we’re mapping.
Take the holidays you want with a competitive holiday plan, plus an extra day off to celebrate your birthday.
Join annual events like our Hackathon and DevDays to bring your ideas to life with talented teammates from around the world.
Become a part of our inclusive global culture and have the chance to collaborate with a diverse community – we have over 80 nationalities at TomTom!
Find out more about our global benefits and enjoy additional local benefits tailored to your location.
Meet your team
We’re TomTom Enterprise. We partner with some of the world’s most innovative companies, such as application developers, Internet of Things (IoT) companies, logistics services and cloud service providers. On our team, you’ll bridge offline and online worlds, providing developers and businesses with the technology they need to build location-based applications that help people find their way in the world.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 3,800+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.