Sr. Workday Application Engineer
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
What you'll do
- Be part of an Agile team to continuously improve and support systems for Workday Core HR, Benefits, Core & Advance Compensation, Compensation Planning, Time Tracking & Position Management.
- Own the configuration and execution of the merit process in collaboration with process owners from business and other IT partners.
- Work with various stakeholders to review new processes and improve existing business processes. Understand & interpret business needs and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solutions.
- Participate in the implementation of changes through the creation of functional specifications, test specifications, and training materials, and solve issues.
- Designing, developing, and implementing new technologies or improving existing ones based on customer needs.
- Access processes for risks, issues, and opportunities for improvement. Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other team members across technical & functional disciplines.
- Develop and maintain integrations between Workday and other related systems.
- Manage and resolve incidents, service requests, and change requests within the agreed timeframe.
- Maintain the security and privacy of HR data. Design, develop and maintain security roles within Workday.
- Requirement gathering and related documentation, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, creating test scenarios and training materials, etc.
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a B2B or B2C environment as a Business Analyst, HRIS Analyst, or Application Engineer in HRIT area.
- Experience in hosting discovery/requirement gathering sessions, creating functional specifications, process documentation, fit-gap analysis.
- Preferred experience in Workday Core HR & fundamentals, Compensation, Advance Compensation, and Compensation Planning.
- Managed at least 2-3 merit cycles starting from requirement gathering, configurations, cycle launch, and support thereafter.
- Domain and/or configuration knowledge of Workday Absence Management, Talent Management, and Performance Management is a definite advantage.
- Experience in validating requirements and mapping them to standard product capabilities.
- Able to work closely with a team (cross-team and/or cross-geographical)
- Strong design mindset, analytical and communication skills
- Persistent and analytical approach to solving bugs and incidents.
Nice to have
- Experience with working in an agile framework
- Knowledge/experience with LEVER applicant tracking system
What we offer
A competitive compensation package, of course.
Time and resources to grow and develop, including a personal development budget and paid leave for learning days, as well as paid access to e-learning resources such as O’Reilly and LinkedIn Learning.
Time to support life outside of work, with enhanced parental leave plus paid leave to care for loved ones and volunteer in local communities.
Work from home, the office, or even abroad – each team has the flexibility to choose how they work based on business needs.
Improve your home office with a setup budget and get extra support with a monthly allowance.
Enjoy options to work from your home country and abroad for a set number of days each year, to visit family and friends, or to simply explore the world we’re mapping.
Take the holidays you want with a competitive holiday plan, plus an extra day off to celebrate your birthday.
Join annual events like our Hackathon and DevDays to bring your ideas to life with talented teammates from around the world.
Become a part of our inclusive global culture and have the chance to collaborate with a diverse community – we have over 80 nationalities at TomTom!
Find out more about our global benefits and enjoy additional local benefits tailored to your location.
Meet your team
We’re Enterprise IT. We implement and work with applications for TomTom’s shared services departments, such as Finance, Legal, HR and Sales. Some of the applications include SAP, Workday and Salesforce. In our team, you’ll help ensure TomTom’s business and services run smoothly, so our developers can continue to engineer the first real-time map and empower our customers to help people find their way in the world.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 3,800+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.
Share this job
Apply to this Job