Technical Program Manager
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
The impact you will make
- You are responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of a small or existing technology program
- Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements that are quantified with metrics, and influence resource allocation
- Own program communication, and accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers, and escalating appropriately
- Resolve complex technical problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Your reach will span multiple software engineering teams
- Interpret internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Guide others in resolving complex issues in specialized areas based on existing solutions and procedures
- You will be recognized as the go-to person on complex topics across the organization
What you will need
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role
- 5+ years ofexperience in managingtechnical projects & programs at scale
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, system design and architecture.
- The ability to bring structure in chaos, to simplify the complex, to provide transparency on all angles
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills allowing efficient communication in English with different audiences (engineers, product managers, senior leadership, etc)
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new things and continuously improve & expand your skills, open mind for discussion
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) - work from both home and the office!
- Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
- Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
- Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
- Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
- Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
- The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a global team within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for hundreds of millions of users around the world. Joining our team, you’ll continuously innovate our mapmaking processes, directly contributing to our vision: engineering the world's most trusted and useful map.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.
Share this job
Apply to this Job
See more open positions at TomTom
Something looks off?