ThrustMe is a cutting-edge space technology company specializing in the development and production of advanced propulsion systems for small satellites, founded in 2017. We are highly educated world experts in satellite space propulsion, pioneering the field of streamlined in-orbit propulsion for the rising satellite constellation paradigm. We help our clients in the US, Europe, and Asia, to manoeuvre satellites in space while meeting their short timelines and cost-capped budgets. The company made history in 2019 and 2020 with the world's first in-orbit demonstrations of iodine-fueled electric propulsion systems, and is currently experiencing strong growth, with over 200 systems ordered to date. We are dedicated to shaping the future of space technology and are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
As Mechanical Engineer at ThrustMe, you will be in charge of the mechanical design of advanced propulsion systems, as well as their subcomponents. You will work on challenging design problems, in which structures and components are subject to extreme thermal, vibration and shock environments. By joining the Product Development Team, you will be at the interface between cutting edge research and mass production, turning novel concepts into flight-ready systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design complex structures for propulsion systems.
- Develop components for extreme environments utilizing advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Ensure structures are fit defined performance metrics and comply with integrator and launcher requirements.
- Optimize thermal performance of components and subsystems.
- Participate in planning mechanical tests, draw conclusions and improve designs based on them.
- Collaborate with engineers and physicists in the development and industrialization of ground-breaking products, while being able to conduct certain tasks autonomously.
- Regularly reporting to the Head of Product Development.
Required skills and qualifications
- Masters degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- 2+ years professional experience in mechanical engineering required, 5+ year is a strong asset.
- Extensive experience with CAD and technical drawings.
- In-depth understanding of simulation software and methodologies, in particular thermal.
- Coming from requirement-heavy industry (aviation, space, nuclear, etc.) is a strong asset.
- Extra points for candidates with knowledge of procurement, conventional machining, or innovative materials.
- Communicates in English fluently.
Apply directly to email@example.com submitting your CV and a motivation letter