Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
As a Screening Specialist, you will be supporting large-scale programs, projects and initiatives to elevate and promote trust on the TaskRabbit platform upon user registration and beyond. Our work, focused on risk, is critical to ensure that every Task on the Taskrabbit platform is a safe one. The scope of role encompasses user screening and identity, beyond account creation and throughout the lifecycle and includes data analysis and data monitoring. You’re never satisfied, once defined you’ll look for ways to constantly optimize our programs, policies and procedures for accuracy and efficiency and assist in developing the strategic vision, goals and policies.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about Taskrabbit, marketplaces, and the sharing economy. The ideal candidate has some technical prowess and a passion for data-driven insights to help them make informed decisions that improve our programs. The candidate must also be personable, collaborative, and flexible, with the drive to support complex projects across multiple stakeholder groups.
You will report into the Senior Lead, Risk, on our Risk, Trust & Payments team in our Operations organization.
What You'll Work On:
- Know the highs and lows from the Tasker and Client perspective, and constantly work toward understanding and improving the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z.
- Help track defined key performance indicators to monitor and evolve the overall registration process globally for both clients and taskers.
- Support the strategy and roadmap for Registration and Onboarding.
- Assist with internal and external policies and procedures for both clients and taskers, relying on cross-functional input from key stakeholders including Customer Service, Legal, Product and Marketing.
- Updating documentation for existing processes and maintaining a catalog of differences country by country for registration globally.
- Author standard operating procedures and other training materials to help with training and roll out of new features.
- Provide support to screening vendors in the absence of the Risk Manager.
- Provide support to CS, Tech Ops, Product in the absence of the Risk Manager.
- As directed by the Risk Manager , participate in networking events as with other Managed Marketplaces and Gig Economy contacts, webinars, conferences and regularly share out information gathered to the broader RTP team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field or work equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years in Trust & Safety, Risk Management, Risk Operations, Operations, Project Management or Program Management.
- Experience working with external vendors and tools. E.g. Looker, Confluence, Jira
- Familiar with identification verification, background checks, tax/regulatory compliance and Know Your Customer initiatives.
- Excellent at execution and consistently get things done and rolling up your sleeves whenever necessary.
- Strong problem solving abilities and analytical mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Support, Product, Legal, and Operations teams in different time zones.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and have excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to draw business level conclusions based on policy, data gathering and investigation.
- Can adapt well to a fast-paced working environment.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is £39,000 - £55,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.