Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5 time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.
About the Role:
At a point of major inflection and scale, Taskrabbit is looking for a Principal Architect to help lead significant architectural change for our platform. Collaborating across our engineering hubs with other architects and staff engineers, this person will play a key role in driving our next generation architecture across all aspects of the Taskrabbit platform. This leader will report directly to the CTO.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with existing architect, staff engineers and engineering leaders to bring our 3 year technology strategy to life
- Be actively involved in helping to document our architectural patterns and principles
- Be actively involved in creating proofs of concept and reference implementations in order to facilitate informed decision making, with a fail fast mentality
- Be actively involved in not just software architecture but also how infrastructure choices impact our overall system design
- Inform roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from engineers, EDDP (Engineering, Data, Design and Product) partners, peers across the business, and executive leadership.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of software system design and architecture for highly available, customer facing systems across both web and native mobile
- Strong practical experience with cloud native architectures (ideally with AWS)
- Successful Microservices and/or Event Driven Architecture design and implementations
- Experience with software systems across multiple languages (e.g. Ruby, Go, Java, etc.)
- An extremely collaborative style which focuses on the wisdom of teams over individuals, with an strong emphasis on rapid iteration
- Understand tradeoffs between maintainability, complexity, and speed to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. \
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Something looks off?