Carbon & Sustainable Finance Expert
Sweep is hiring a Carbon and Sustainable Finance Expert to work on our Enterprise climate management software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. Financial organizations have a crucial role to play in the transition to a green future: Funding it. By investing in the right areas, financial organizations can accelerate the development of climate solutions and low-carbon industries.
But they need the right information and tools to accurately measure their environmental impact, and credibly plan their strategy for reducing their emissions and addressing climate-related risks. By empowering financial institutions with technology that helps manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the Carbon team, you will help our financial customers along their climate journey using our SaaS tool – from how to measure and track greenhouse gas emissions, to setting reduction goals and reporting on progress towards a cleaner future.
To be more specific, you will:
Enable successful customer journeys 🔍
- Support customers in the deployment and adoption of Sweep
- Have an in depth understanding of the Sweep For Finance product to foster customer engagement and user adoption
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of the PE sector to act as a trusted and credible support to client stakeholders.
- Help financial actors to calculate and pilot the carbon impact of their portfolios
- Enable successful customer journeys for various objectives (reporting to TCFD, CDP, SFDR, Article 29, EU Taxonomy or SBTi, goal setting, etc.)
- Understand and challenge the calculated outcomes in the platform
- Have an expertise in sustainability frameworks (PCAF and/or GHGP)
- Stay up-to-date with the ESG regulation and Climate disclosure standards.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships resulting in best-in-industry customer retention
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders from product, carbon, marketing, sales, and engineering teams to create a continuous communication channel representing the voice of the customer
- Interface with third party auditors, key partners and consultants on an as-needed basis
- Suggest improvements to the software, from measurements and reduction initiatives, to dashboard features and standard reporting requirements.
Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in the team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Act as a quality gate keeper for your team
Become a Sweep ambassador 🎙
- Participate in sales calls, showcasing the carbon expertise at Sweep
- Represent our mission externally, through active exchange with the carbon industry
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we're looking for:
- You have a Master Degree
- You have at least two years of professional experience in sustainable finance consulting firms, ESG rating agencies or the sustainable development division of asset management or private equity groups.
- You understand ESG integration in the context of Private Equity market activities and business models.
- You have an experience in the sustainable finance topics such as ESG investing; net-zero financed emissions; ESG disclosures, analytics and modeling; ESG impact assessment; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy, portfolio emissions calculation and management, sustainable finance products and services; sustainable finance regulatory readiness and compliance.
- You have a good knowledge of ESG/sustainability frameworks and standards (PCAF, GHGP, TCFD or similar) in a Financial Services environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and an analytical mind.
- You have the ability to strengthen and defend Sweeps vision and tools
- You are fluent in English & French
- You are quick on your feet, but when it comes down to it you value quality over quantity
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You're a skilled communicator and collaborator
- You care about our mission to create a better future for all of us
Great. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.