Global Logistics Lead (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL LOGISTICS LEAD (STARLINK)
As the Global Logistics Lead, you will play a crucial role in driving the site strategy for Starlink Bastrop, TX location and supporting domestic and international supply chains. Your main responsibilities will include overseeing the end-to-end logistics operations, optimizing transportation routes, adhering to customs and compliance procedures, and ensuring timely delivery of raw material in support of Starlink production and finished products to both domestic and international markets. Responsible for the management of optimal freight routing and the development of the team, processes, and tools necessary to meet production, engineering, finance, and supply chain objectives. This role has full accountability and oversight responsibility for all logistics movements inbound and outbound for the Bastrop, TX site, leveraging potential synergies to optimize the timely, cost-efficient delivery of goods to internal and external customers.
- STRATEGIC OPERATIONS:
- Develop and implement the site strategy for logistics operations, ensuring alignment with overall business objectives and partnering with Engineering, Production, Purchasing, and Supply Chain teams to ensure these strategies align with business requirements, purchasing, and procurement strategies.
- Analyze logistics data and metrics to identify areas for process optimization and cost reduction.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the local team, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Manage adherence to customs and compliance procedures to ensure adherence to international trade regulations and corporate guidelines.
- PROJECT & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT:
- Lead project planning activities, including defining project scope, objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
- Provide updates on programs and or projects to internal and external stakeholders, including progress reports, milestone achievements, process changes, and drive transparency on the effectiveness of the program, project, and workflow through quantitative and or qualitative methods.
- Conduct reviews, project and or program updates, and evaluations to identify areas for improvement and or to gain stakeholder acceptance and or drive change.
- TACTICAL OPERATIONS:
- Responsible for supporting the transport of inbound movements, both domestically and internationally using SpaceX-appointed freight forwarders and logistics providers
- Serves as liaison between internal customer base and external logistics providers, providing quotes, arranging freight, communicating logistics protocols, and providing instructions to vendors and logistics partners.
- Manages flow of goods from supply base through customs to final destination point utilizing logistics network, support tools, and makes recommendations to facilitate optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering or a science discipline.
- 7+ years of global logistics operations, with a focus on both domestic and international supply chains.
- 5+ years of experience in a people leadership role, preferably within the management of complex logistics networks or direct manufacturing environment.
- Import and export experience with compliance with ITAR and C-TPAT regulations.
- Import/Export regulatory functions experience, including HTS, Schedule B knowledge, Incoterms, ISF filing process, DSP-5, DSP-73, ATA Carnet.
- Effectively lead and develop a team and through planning, goal setting, and team strategy drive business performance and meet organizational goals.
- Experience in managing business and/or network operations through data analytics.
- Experience working with NVOs, ocean carriers, drayage companies, freight forwarders, and customs house brokerage firms.
- Experience in managing projects, products, and developing global logistics solutions across the various logistics service modes of Air, Ground (FTL, LTL), Ocean (FCL, LCL), Multi-Modal, Intermodal, and others.
- Experience in driving the organization's logistics strategy, procurement, carrier selection, and service(s) to align with business strategy.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Thorough understanding of budgeting, cost allocations, and development of processes to drive success in dynamic logistics models.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to travel up to 5-10%.
- This position is based in Bastrop, TX, and requires being onsite - remote work not considered.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.