Supervisor, Materials Management (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (STARLINK)
Supply Chain is vital to the build of SpaceX's Starlink Satellite constellation. This role will involve the supervision of a team of hourly employees operating within SpaceX’s materials management organization. The team is responsible for all activities from the point that hardware is deemed acceptable from our quality inspections to the moment hardware is handed off to the production organization. Our goal is to become a leader in materials management performance with high inventory efficiency/accuracy and industry-leading customer service while maintaining a safe work environment that utilizes the latest in applicable technologies. This supervisor will also be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement throughout all aspects of their operations.
- Manage an hourly workforce by assessing employee performance, providing positive/constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution, and addressing repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans, or through disciplinary means
- Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results
- Monitor and improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment – with the goal of zero OSHA recordable annually
- Ensure business practices are being followed to not only guarantee the processing of products in a quality manner but also meet those needs outlined in AS9100 and customer flow-down requirements
- Manage the incoming acceptance, storing, and issuing of a wide variety of parts, details, and hardware into inventory
- Manage operations that provide industry-leading levels of customer service in all operations: recognizing the needs of the business and adapting to support our mission
- Lead cost-saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions and optimization opportunities
- Ensure cycle counting procedures are routinely followed to meet both our internal and external audit requirements
- Assist in the control of a fleet of vehicles, ensuring the necessary preventative maintenance, upkeep, and enhancements are made to service the customer
- Develop and maintain the appropriate service routes and material replenishments to deliver material to internal customers at agreed-upon service levels
- Supervise the local shipping and receiving operation; coordinating movements into and out of the local facility, along with critical point-to-point movements outside of the local facility
- Drive projects and changes that contribute to materials management’s ongoing improvement
- Ensure procedures are routinely being followed for shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock, FIFO
- Ensure the appropriate environmental controls are continuously effective, depending on the material requirements of the items being stored
- Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards
- Monitor and approve employee time-keeping records
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing; OR 4+ years of professional experience in materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- Completion of a leadership or rotational development program
- The Association for Operations Management (APICS) certification – CPIM or CSCP
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications)
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Organized and self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications, SQL and PowerBI
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday, 2nd shift: 3:30pm - 2am
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to operate forklift equipment
- Must be able to work in areas that require using a ladder (20 feet)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Materials Management/Supervisor: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.