Sr. Human Spaceflight Sales Manager (Sovereign)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. HUMAN SPACEFLIGHT SALES MANAGER (SOVEREIGN)
Expanding access to space travel for humans worldwide is a critical step in realizing our long-term plans of making life multiplanetary. While we hope to one day make space travel as attainable as a commercial airline flight, soaring on Dragon or Starship into space currently still requires significant coordination, planning, and financial resources. SpaceX is looking for an energic sales manager to help recruit more people from across the world to invest in the spaceflight experience and participate firsthand in the founding set of astronauts.
As a senior sales manager, you will report to the Director of Human Spaceflight Sales & Products. You will be responsible for finding and recruiting international sovereign agencies to join the journey to space. You will help shape the direction of relationships, contract negotiations, and internally work with teams to shape and close deals.
- Develop a sales pipeline and recruit sovereign astronauts in the international markets, initially to fly on Dragon and then Starship.
- Drive the strategy for relationship building, steering government direction, and budgets to the closing of contract.
- Represent SpaceX in customer meetings and at strategic events.
- Work multiple account generations in parallel.
- Gather customer requirements and work with the product engineering team to iterate on and improve SpaceX product offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience with sales of multimillion-dollar products or services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of experience networking/prospecting in one or more of the following channels: international governments or sovereign states.
- Demonstrated government sales track record of pursuing and closing complex deals.
- Passion for spaceflight and ability to compellingly communicate and share that vision with everyone: from the newly found space enthusiast to established industry leaders.
- Ability to understand the product and service both technically and operationally.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support closing sales opportunities.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, anticipated ~50%.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay range: $150,000.00 - $205,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
This position is also eligible for a sales bonus plan.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.