Production Supervisor (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (STARLINK)
The TWTA production team is responsible for the assembly and test of ground station e-band amplifiers (TWTAs) in the world’s largest factory of its kind. As a supervisor on this team, you will lead the team of hourly employees directly responsible for build, test, and troubleshooting of this hardware. The supervisor will also be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement in all aspects of operations, whether in manufacturing process development, factory layout, or design feedback. This is a high-impact position on a team in the early stages of development!
- Manage an hourly workforce by assessing employee performance, providing positive/constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution, and addressing repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans, or through disciplinary means
- Lead by setting an example; take feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivate your organization to achieve the highest level of results (in safety, quality, and rate)
- Provide mentorship to team, and assist with design decisions, project strategies, and technical problems
- Establish and analyze area metrics to drive:
- Personnel training and development
- Optimization of product flow through the factory
- Efficiency improvement projects
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel
- Independently perform hands-on assembly of hardware components and test when required
- Own test lab operations, including scheduling, preventative maintenance, and first-pass troubleshooting
- Develop innovative solutions for defective hardware by troubleshooting and processing
- Monitor and approve employee timekeeping records
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or project
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience building, leading and consistently maintaining cohesive teams
- Organized and self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction in a fast-paced/cross-functional environment
- Basic understanding of industrial electrical, control, and instrumentation systems.
- Ability to read, interpret controlled documentation, and processes such as: mechanical drawings, GD&T, assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, parts lists, wiring diagrams, or layout drawings
- Experience effectively communicating (verbal and written) with both production and engineering teams
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding, problem resolution
- Available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Production: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.