Engineering Specialist, PCBA (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ENGINEERING SPECIALIST, PCBA (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation, is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for talented manufacturing specialists to help establish new manufacturing and test processes and support full-scale production for the user terminal (a high-volume manufactured product that consumers will have in their homes).
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Execute new product introduction builds across all work centers
- Program, load, and operate automated equipment
- Triage non-conforming products and drive resolution and preventative actions
- Resolve production issues while ensuring design integrity, product quality, and delivery timelines
- Perform process development and validation on new models in extremely aggressive timelines
- Ensure the successful transition of products from development to volume production
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance, and cost
- Define maintenance schedules and support activities
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate and 2+ years of professional experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment; OR bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or science discipline
- 2+ years of experience with SMT and/or PCBA assembly equipment and processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or science discipline
- 4+ years of experience with SMT equipment operation in a production setting
- Direct experience with SMT equipment maintenance and support
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering
- Experience implementing design for manufacture and design for test
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for design and manufacturing readiness reviews
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced iterative design environments
- Experience modeling with 3D CAD software such as: NX/Unigraphics, Catia, Solidworks
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- SPC knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to track process capability
- Basic competency with SQL databases
- Demonstrated experience designing tooling in a manufacturing environment
- Must be open to work either shift, overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM - 3:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2 AM
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to travel for business trips up to 10% on an ongoing basis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.