Spaceport Experience Coordinator
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR
The role of Spaceport Experience Coordinator will be to drive recruiting and retention at SpaceX by creating, planning, marketing and taking part in the event execution for employees and their family. Events are designed to encourage a fun, inclusive environment, that builds relationships within the community and government agencies. You will be responsible for various marketing for events, amenities and food & beverage needs to be in SpaceX brand voice and delivered consistently. The Spaceport Experience Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring that all marketing and communications on internal website is updated and drives engagement. The Spaceport Experience Coordinator will support the mission by providing a foundation of understanding for inclusive events that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Create and design graphics and content in line with the SpaceX brand strategy
- Coordinate communication channels with residents, site employees, and visitors
- Oversee and monitor event calendars and day-to-day events
- Work any and all operational tasks required to execute events from planning to set-up, clean-up, and data collection/review
- Collaborate with the culinary and hospitality teams on sitewide initiatives and programming
- Assist the Lead, Spaceport Experience with all general programming, events, and marketing tasks
- Assist with badging, ITAR and NDA requirements, and safety training
- Coordinate third-party research for events, venues, partnerships, and local city/state programming as necessary
- Prepare and distribute materials for marketing, VIP visits, tours, and metrics
- Provide exemplary customer service assistance internally and externally
- Assist in maintaining a calendar relating to events' planning and operations
- Maintain a professional, welcoming, and responsive demeanor when addressing guest inquiries, requests, and concerns
- Help with the execution of recognition programs related to company initiatives, holidays, diversity and inclusion observances
- Prepare expense reports and submit purchase orders
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in event planning, marketing, people operations, or employee engagement
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service and problem resolution skills preferred
- Strong written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about creating impactful initiatives to improve SpaceX’s employee experience
- Detail-oriented and focused on continuous process improvement. An adaptable, creative collaborator who problem-solves with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage workflow and participate as a positive and effective team member
- Eye for aesthetic industrial design
- Familiar with space planning procedures and operations
- Knowledge of graphic design software
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Ability to organize work for large groups in various service formats
- Experience leading small groups in team settings of 5 or more staff members
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Spaceport Experience Coordinator: $25/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.