Lead Integration & Test Engineer - Dragon Production
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER - DRAGON PRODUCTION
- Lead a team of integration and test engineers responsible for the production and validation of Dragon vehicles, including ownership of each employee’s goals for technical and professional development.
- Work closely with manufacturing and development engineering to ensure that the vehicle integration process and practices are understood and followed and adhere to design and customer requirements.
- Oversee all process functions, document control, and continuous improvement for the vehicle builds, including design, process, procedure, and tooling improvement to improve vehicle quality and build cost.
- Work with production leadership on high level build strategy to ensure safe and on-time build execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience working with structures, composites, and thermal protective systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or technical discipline.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of chemistry, engineering, fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials.
- Demonstrated exceptional performance through successful completion of impactful projects in manufacturing processes/equipment.
- Functional knowledge of NDT techniques for material evaluation.
- Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and Error-Proofing.
- Lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience with project management for technical teams.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Some travel to our launch sites may be required as needed, up to 5%.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- Intermittently able to work longer hours and weekends to support critical needs.
- This position is very hands-on and requires one to be on their feet for extended periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Will often require working on the floor, must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable working in tight spaces.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.