Director of Financial Operations, APAC
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS, APAC
As the company expands its international footprint and provides Starlink (our revolutionary satellite low-latency broadband internet) across the Asia Pacific region, Starlink Internet Services Pte. Ltd. is seeking a Director of Financial Operations for our Singapore office to oversee the accounting, tax and other finance obligations across the APAC region for multiple Starlink entities.
- Coordinate with local country service providers for local country tax filing obligations, including VAT, GST and other tax returns, across APAC
- Manage compliance with transfer pricing policies and regulations
- Prepare and file local financial accounts for our entities across APAC, and working with auditors where local financial statements must be audited
- Internal and external financial reporting for Starlink entities in APAC
- Work with other departments in the U.S. regarding local country finance matters
- Coordinate with other business groups regarding tax and finance impacts of new business initiatives, new product offerings, and new country launches in APAC
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of combined tax experience in public accounting or at a multinational company
- Experience with international tax and accounting matters across the Asia Pacific region
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in finance, economics, accounting, tax, or business administration
- Chartered accountant (CA) or CPA
- Experience working with US multinational companies
- Previous Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and GAAP
- Exposure to VAT, GST and indirect tax reporting
- Hands-on leader that can roll-up their sleeves, as well as build and lead a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independentl
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.