Global Operations Lead (Aviation)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL OPERATIONS LEAD (AVIATION)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. The Starlink Enterprise Account Management team serves as the point of contact for Starlink’s growing base of enterprise customers from contract signature, through successful activation, ensuring all contract terms are fulfilled. This is an individual contributor role that will manage large, complex aviation projects. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that has a passion for aviation operations and making customers deliriously happy, blazing new trails for Starlink enterprise customers, and realizing/growing revenue.
- Work directly with airline partners, enterprise customers and internal teams to identify and then lead implementation of process and system enhancements to improve handoffs and execution; evolve the customer experience, and scale the business while balancing resources
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain an accurate installation forecast and schedule
- Support our enterprise customers' installation and maintenance teams through both proactive outreach and while acting as an escalation point
- Lead efforts to setup and onboard new airline partners and customers, ensuring efficient processes and strong communication are established between all parties
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to and influencing key stakeholders
- Gather data and coordinate with enterprise customers to review and identify reporting needs or requests, ensuring all requirements are captured and prioritized for development
- Own planning and resource management for aviation within Starlink including development of business models, metrics and KPI’s
- Identify initiatives for improvement of Starlink's business outlook; develop, track, and execute business initiatives with Starlink's leadership
- Apply extensive diversified knowledge of FAA and other aviation regulatory bodies' principles and practices in projects
- Apply process improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. process mapping, problem solving, visual management, etc.) to improve the customer’s ability to self-service, proactively address issues, increase speed of resolution, and scale complex processes across multiple departments, customer segments, and markets
- Bachelor’s degree OR high school diploma/equivalency and 6+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in commercial aviation operations, engineering, and/or consulting environment
- 1+ year of experience with analytical tools (e.g. Microsoft Office applications and/or Excel modeling)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, business, economics, or finance
- Demonstrated success working in an environment with competing priorities and aggressive schedules
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives at an aviation business
- Strong understanding of commercial and business aviation business models and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders
- Ability to define and manage a project independently
- Experience with SQL, Excel or similar data analysis software
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must be willingness to work extended hours and/or weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Global Operations Lead: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.