Lead Starlink Production Technician (2nd Shift)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD STARLINK PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (2ND SHIFT)
- Prioritize equipment and manpower as requirements change during the course of the shift
- Interface with electrical engineers and product engineering customers to ensure the correct testing methods are used
- Troubleshoot HALT/HASS equipment, and oversee preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Lead efforts to uncover root cause, and develop permanent resolution on issues found during product builds
- Identify and lead improvement opportunities for product yield, quality, and cost
- Maintain area metrics including 5S and efficiency
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and constant scrutiny
- Assist with transitioning product from engineering development and initial production to full rate production
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience operating environmental test equipment such as thermal, shock, thermal vacuum, vibration, and RF
- 2+ years of experience using hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience performing HALT/HASS testing
- 5+ years of experience working in environmental test lab
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Familiarity with instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Spacecraft experience
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience leading a team of technicians in a production environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed. Estimated shift times, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2 AM
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Repetitive operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, carrying and use of small hand tools to secure fixtures and units under test to test equipment are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 3: $29.00 - $37.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Level 4: $34.00 - $42.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.