Construction Project Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
This role is responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of corporate construction projects, facilities improvement projects and strategic planning of office and production space. You will work with other construction managers, the facilities team, vendors and internal partners/customers to support these goals. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change and own projects from start to finish, with the goal of making the SpaceX campus a world-class manufacturing facility.
- Manage multiple construction projects and work on all phases of construction.
- Coordinate and supervise construction activities, direct field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to the original plans and specifications
- Maintain the construction schedule, identify and solve problems
- Coordinate material and equipment deliveries and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the construction process
- Understand the project plans, specifications and SpaceX construction purchasing systems
- Maintain a positive relationship with the SpaceX end user, contractors, suppliers, and other SpaceX employees
- Communicate changes in schedule and supervise completion of the final punch list including general site cleanup
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards immediately
- Improve process planning by which construction projects are formulated, priced, approved, executed, and reviewed – full lifecycle improvements with the goal of providing on-time and under budget delivery with customer satisfaction.
- The following construction project management responsibilities are applicable:
- Manage tools and folder systems relating to the organization of our construction projects
- Provide budgetary cost based on the preliminary scope of the project
- Gather proposals from architects, engineers, and contractors; assign contracts upon receipt of all proposals
- Develop the final cost and schedule for the project, and implement controls as needed to manage cost, schedule and scope
- Facilitate city, county, and governmental approvals
- Coordinate project implementation and track project status
- Work with the Facilities team and end user in order to operationalize the post-construction building operations and maintenance functions
- Coordinate with end user and facilities team for building operations and maintenance
- Develop tools to support the space allocation and adjudication process across the enterprise
- Coordinate real estate planning and management functions as needed
- Take on new projects ad-hoc as the business needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in engineering, construction management and/or facilities management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- License architectural, mechanical, electrical or plumbing engineering experience
- Real estate/property management experience
- Strategic facilities planning experience
- Manufacturing facility experience
- Construction cost estimate experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.