Propulsion Technician (Falcon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION TECHNICIAN (FALCON)
- Responsible for cleaning of hardware, tools, valves, and regulators
- Troubleshoot failure modes and provide photo documentation and feedback to engineering
- Use computer network systems, as well as test units as described in the test instruction and acceptance test plans
- Accept or reject test units based on calculated test data and results
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Accurately record daily work completion to report to the lead technician
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience working in an aerospace, aviation, automotive, or other manufacturing environment in a technical, hands-on capacity OR certification from an accredited trade skills program
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of professional assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- A&P license
- 5S knowledge and experience
- High attention to detail in order to ensure safety and accuracy of testing procedures
- Previous interaction and correspondence with support engineers
- Embodies team mentality; coachable and reliable
- Experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving, decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team, meet aggressive schedules, operate and understand readouts on standard cell instrumentation
- Ability to make full use of computer network systems
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Shift times: 1st shift (5:30 AM - 3:30 PM), 2nd shift (3:30 PM - 2:00 AM)
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Propulsion Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Propulsion Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Propulsion Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.