Core Product Designer
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Product Design team is a small but influential team that steers the future of the core Snapchat application. Our Designers work closely with the CEO and various cross functional leaders to create a design led roadmap to build products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for the first Tokyo based Core Product Designer to join our Product Design team at Snap!
What you’ll do:
- Conceive of innovative new features and pitch those concepts directly to the CEO
- Be a driver for all aspects of product design and execution, including pitching ideas, designing the experience (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and communicating the solutions to necessary audiences within the company
- Design beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive experiences and flows
- Identify the needs of Snapchatters, give high-level strategic input, and improve existing products and features
- Define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area(s)
- Communicate design decisions to leadership, product and design peers, and engineers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to inspire and drive end-to-end product and feature improvements
- Exceptional visual design skills
- Knowledge and passion for interaction design
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Ability to act as a Product Manager when needed
- Ability to think creatively and develop novel solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment
- Understand the Japanese culture at the native level and be fluent in Japanese
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- Fluent in Japanese: Native proficiency
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong mobile design skills
- 3+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- 3+ years experience using design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Demonstrated experience with Camera, AR, or Social product design
- Deep understanding of Snapchat products
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week). For roles with remote consideration: Remote team members still are expected to travel for mandatory in-person gatherings and to fulfill business needs, at least 4 to 6 times per year.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!