Principal Security Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Role Type: Full Time
Skylo Technologies is a global NTN service provider based in Mountain View, CA, offering a service that allows smartphone and IoT cellular devices to connect directly over existing satellites. Skylo works with existing satellite operators, network operators, and device makers to provide subscribers an anywhere, anytime connectivity solution that seamlessly roams between terrestrial and satellite networks. Skylo's focus is on enabling connected services for people outdoors and connected workflows for machines at work across critical industries such as agriculture, maritime, logistics, mining, and others, in addition to mass-market consumer devices.
We have an open opportunity to join our team as a Principal Security Engineer individual contributor role, onsite, in Bangalore, India to ensure comprehensive security around development and maintenance of technology assets and partnerships for a next generation Satellite IoT service.
- Set and implement security standards and best practices across Skylo’s mobile satellite network and Skylo’s corporate networks.
- Design, implement, and manage security solutions and applications
- Conduct risk assessments, audits, penetration tests and other 3rd part investigations of Skylo’s security posture and perform subsequent remediations
- Developing and documenting security policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and guide Skylo through applicable certifications
- Advise organization management and establishing DevSecOps methodology across the organization
- Establishing a SIEM solution to work with the company's physical and cloud assets. Developing and creating systems that integrate into Security Operation Center and Individual and Account Management Tools
- Work with engineering teams and other company stakeholders to build a culture of security and ensure best practices are in place across Skylo’s assets
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity trends and technologies
- 10+ years of proven experience in security domain or similar role
- Skills & experience in the following domains:
- Network Security: IPS/IDS, FW, DNS, Global WAN, Web Security, PAM
- Corporate applications (SaaS security): CASB, DLP
- Product security: API protection, Secret for API, Anti-Bot Protection, WAF
- Cloud Security: GCP/AWS/Azure
- Endpoint security: Crowdstrike (EDR), JAMF/Intune, Tenable, AutoMox (One or more)
- Familiarity with Network Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing tools
- Experience in Log monitoring and analysis and other SIEM tools (Sumo Logic, Splunk, ArSight, OSSIM etc.)
- Experience in implementing, maintaining ZTNA (Zero Trust Network Access), ZTAA (Zero Trust Application Access)
- Working knowledge of standards, frameworks, and regulations (SOC2, ISO 27000 Series, NIST) and driving compliance.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, collaborate in world wide remote settings across the business to drive respective outcomes for the team
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Advanced degrees and industry certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, or OSCP are a plus.
What we offer:
With employees working across three continents, Skylo is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Our worldwide and inclusive culture encourages a flexible approach to work, and we also offer an attractive range of additional benefits. such as:
- Competitive compensation packages including a stock option based equity program
- Benefits including a 401k plan
- An unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to temporarily work from abroad
- Unique opportunity to participate in developing and running world’s first software-defined direct-to-device satellite network and service
- Access to world-class team and talent across tech domains: software, hardware, chipsets, telecom, satellite and network virtualization
- Open, transparent, inclusive culture that blends the Silicon Valley, Nordic and South Asia characteristics