Senior iOS Developer
How you’ll make an impact:
As a member of the CV Solution Engineering at SiriusXM Connected Vehicle (SiriusXM CV) you will be joining a team of Engineers responsible for development of SiriusXM CV software and products related. The Engineer III will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining software to ensure that software programs work as intended. This position will be a part of the software development team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cooperative manner with software engineers, product and program managers.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a highly collaborative group of engineers in Agile organization, Innovate to build performant solutions that continue to scale to the increasing demands of the business.
- Contribute to a healthy engineering culture and drive best practices.
- Contribute high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions.
- Strive to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure team-wide code quality through code reviews and PR feedback.
- Exhibit accountability at both a personal and team level.
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses.
- Participate in maintenance and on-call rotation on a limited basis
What you’ll need:
- BS Engineering or SW Engineering, Computer Science, computer Engineering or equivalent experience required. MS Engineering is desired.
- 5+ years proficient software development experience working on software products.
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available mobile applications
- Strong comprehension of MVC and/or MVVM design patterns
- Strong ability to identify and fix performance bottlenecks and deliver code that meets best in class target performance.
- Strong comprehension of high availability, multi-tier, mission critical and fault-tolerant system design.
- Extensive knowledge of responsive and adaptive native mobile UI development techniques: Objective-C, Swift, Combine
- Solid experience with iOS HIG, UI components and best practices developing for multi-screen apps.
- Understanding of the hybrid app development is a plus using React Native.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the use of source control, CI/CD and various testing approaches.
- Deep distributed systems knowledge, having supported multiple high-throughput systems in a production.
- Experience with App release process to stores.
- Pragmatic approach to weighing engineering tradeoffs versus business needs.
- Persistent sense of curiosity to understand why something is and needs to be.
- Accountability and a sense of extreme ownership that doesn’t end after the system is deployed to production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S