Senior Technical Program Manager - Software
Farmington Hills, MI, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactThe successful candidate will apply their experience in overseeing a software development team with the responsibility of new software products which assist our customers integrating SXM technology, software, products, and tools into customer systems and designs. Additional responsibilities in overseeing Software development and support for software architectures, analysis of alternate implementations/techniques, design, implementation, documentation. What You’ll DoThe Senior Program Manager – Software will be primarily responsible for ensuring the deliverables for the development and execution of software for SiriusXM Satellite Radio systems. Typical duties of the Software Program Manager will include:
- Contribute and oversee a team which: Designs, implement, test, and documentation of software, which is used to develop, prototype, validate SXM satellite technology. Additionally, this team will assist customers integrating SiriusXM technology into their systems and products.
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial requirements definition through software release and end-user support.
- Ensure Software Development schedules are closely integrated into the SXM new product development process
- Oversee scoping of new software work
- Oversee the Requirements Management team members with tracking, capture and implementation of software requirements
- Ensure tracking, reporting and timely releases/deliveries of our software products
- Ensure equipment needs of development, test and SW operations teams are provided.
- Work with the SW team in deriving solution approaches, software architectures, and designs to meet the end-user needs.
- Work with customers on integration of our technology into their systems.
- Participate in software design and review sessions with the software and test teams and other stakeholders.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Understand all aspects of the software development lifecycle and apply data analytics to quantify and provide insight to process improvements.
- Understand the features integrated into our software products from several SiriusXM brands, including Pandora, Connected Vehicle and AdsWiz.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- BS Engineering or SW Engineering or equivalent experience required. MS Engineering is desired.
- 7-10 or more years expertise in software project management involving embedded, real-time software for consumer electronic products.
- PMP Certification a plus
- Agile methology/training including Kanban
- Minimum 5 years experience in software process improvement initatives
- Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Expertise in C/C++.
- Experience with C#, Java, HTTP, JSON, QT, Flutter, RUST a plus.
- Experience with advanced software development environments (IDE, compilers, operating systems, source management tools, and test tools).
- Experience with testing methodologies, best practices and continuous integration
- Familiarity with embedded, real-time software design and implementation
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Satellite receivers
- Automotive audio and infotainment products (radio head units, navigation systems, MP3 connectivity, CD players, telematics systems, etc.)
- Digital communications
- Client/server communications (e.g. PC/device)
- Internet Protocol products and technology
- IPC Mechanisms – Sockets, Message Queues, Shared Memory, etc.
- Communication security threat identification and prevention as applicable to automotive clients using SELinux, QNX or AAOS.
- Automotive development lifecycles
- Automotive SPICE methodologies and process
- Comfortable working in matrix environment, coordinating activities of multiple teams in multiple sites not under line management control
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.