Play by Play Board Operator, Part-time
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are. This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day. SiriusXMSiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactResponsible for all aspects of sports play-by-play game broadcasts including quality control, auditioning audio elements prior to broadcast, playing commercials and promos during breaks, following game format, logging and recording game highlights, communicating with sports newsrooms, supervisor, engineers, and operations as needed. What You’ll Do
- Checks Audio equipment for proper functioning prior to going to air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions to engineers and operations. Confirms audio feed provided is correct game broadcast scheduled. Auditions all audio elements prior to broadcast.
- Maintains knowledge of players and storylines involved in game broadcast.
- Logs highlights during game using digital audio software.
- Plays all scheduled commercial logs and promos.
- Updates score of the game. Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- At east 1 year of experience running an audio board for a sports talk show or play-by-play event
- Strong knowledge of sports
- Must be available for weekend and night shifts
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous use of Digital Audio Workstation software preferred
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.