How you’ll make an impact:
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting, and integrating components for OEM implementations of a Sirius XM Radio. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of participating in an embedded SW development team, designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures, and will have been directly responsible for developing software. This position requires a detail-oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Design, document, and implement SiriusXM’s AAOS solution to bring SAT and IP streaming audio, data and accelerate integration of SXM 360L features to automotive partners.
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial feature definition through software release and in-field customer support.
- Perform analysis of internal and third-party product requirements and specifications, understanding of software framework architectures and designs to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Participate in software design and review sessions with the software team and other stakeholders.
- Author software components, ensuring they meet functional and quality requirements.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Assist in supporting end-users of the software deliverables, providing support as needed.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- Assist in the development of advanced Infotainment and Telematics features for SiriusXM Radio receiver products.
What you’ll need:
- BS Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required. Masters Software Engineering is desired.
- 5+ years of expertise in software, framework and application development for embedded consumer or automotive products (Instrument Clusters, Medical devices, Headunits, etc)
- Proficient in Java/Kotlin
- Experience in front end/UI development (Qt/QML Framework, Flutter or equivalent)
- Experience with Android, AAOS, or Linux
- Experience with advanced software development environments (IDE, compilers, operating systems, source management tools, CI/CD, and test tools)
- Experience working with Android Open-Source Project
- Automotive Systems & Architecture knowledge
- Experience in building apps and app customization for Android Automotive OS
- Embedded and Real-Time System knowledge
- Working knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience in Testing, in particular Unit & UI testing
- Google Automotive Services knowledge
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.